How can I let the school know I am concerned about my child’s progress in school?
- If you have concerns about your child’s progress you should speak to your child’s class teacher initially.
- If you are not happy that the concerns are being managed and that your child is still not making progress you should speak to the SENCO or Headteacher
- If you are still not happy you can speak to the school SEND Governor.
How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child’s academic progress?
If your child is identified as not making progress, the school will set up a meeting to discuss this with you in more detail and to:
- Listen to any concerns you may have too
- Plan any additional support your child may require
- Discuss with you any referrals to outside professionals to support your child’s learning – this can only be done with your full consent.